Lakeisha Graham is an American artist who works in the field of photography and painting. She was born in 1975 in New York City, where she grew up and attended the International School. After graduating from high school, graham enrolled at Hunter College but left after two years because she felt that her life lacked direction or purpose.
In 1997, she moved back to New York City where she worked as a waitress until her first exhibition at Aperture Gallery in 2000 (this was followed by another one two years later). During this period, graham also exhibited at galleries such as Hammer Museum Los Angeles (2001), Yerba Buena Center for the Arts San Francisco (2003) and Contemporary Arts Center Cincinnati (2006).
A brief biography of lakeisha graham.
Lakeisha Graham has been a part of the music industry for over two decades. She was born on November 14, 1974 in East Orange, New Jersey to parents who were both doctors. Lakeisha has three siblings: a sister and two brothers.
- In addition to being an artist, she is also known as being one of the first female rappers to emerge from hip-hop music with her debut album “The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill” which came out in 1998 under Sony Music Entertainment (now known as Sony Music Nashville).
- Lakeisha went through many hardships while growing up because her family wasn’t very supportive towards her interests at first but later started supporting them when they realized how talented she was becoming through hard work and dedication towards what she loved most: music!
lakeisha graham has been part of the following collections.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Whitney Museum of American Art
- The Studio Museum in Harlem (where she was hired by director Cheryl Haines to curate its first-ever artist residency program)
- The Smithsonian American Art Museum at the National Mall in Washington DC, which houses her work “The Larger Concerns”, which was inspired by the artist’s travels abroad. This exhibition featured work from both her own practice and other artists who have been influenced by her artistry.
- Hammer Museum – Los Angeles CA: A solo exhibition that focused on exploring how ideas about selfhood can inform our understanding of identity and place through performance pieces made using fabrics or textiles that were stitched together using thread sourced from recycled silk scarves donated by local fashion students enrolled in a course taught by Lakeisha Graham herself at UCLA!
lakeisha graham is currently represented by these galleries.
Lakeisha Graham is currently represented by these galleries.
- Insight Galleries in New York City (New York, NY)
- Jules Bascot Gallery in Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
Karsch Fine Art in New York City (New York, NY) Kravets Wehrenberg Gallery in Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) La Galeria de Arte Contemporaneo in Mexico City (Mexico City, MX) Locks Gallery in Boston (Boston, MA) MFAH Shop at Bayou Bend in Houston (Houston, TX)
lakeisha graham has exhibited with these galleries.
Lakeisha Graham has exhibited with these galleries.
The gallery is located in:
- Los Angeles, CA
- Phone number: (323) 914-6555
The physical address of the gallery is: 1513 Main St., Los Angeles CA 90012
The gallery is located in: Los Angeles, CA Phone number: (323) 914-6555 The physical address of the gallery is: 1513 Main St., Los Angeles CA 90012
lakeisha graham’s work has been featured in these books and publications.
You can find lakeisha graham’s work in the following books, publications and websites:
- The New York Times bestseller “The Secret History of Wonder Woman” by Jill Lepore.
- The New York Times bestseller “A Taste for Murder” by Danielle Steel.
- The New York Times bestseller “Murder on the Menu,” written with Laura Levine and published by St. Martin’s Press, an imprint of Macmillan Publishers Group (usa) LLC
The highest price paid at auction for one of lakeisha graham’s works was $0 and the most recent auction result was $0.
Lakeisha Graham is a contemporary artist who has been part of the following collections:
- The High Museum of Art (Atlanta)
- New Orleans Museum of Art (New Orleans)
- Whitney Museum of American Art (New York City)
Lakeisha Graham is currently represented by these galleries:
- Yancey Richardson Gallery (Los Angeles)
The latest exhibition at which a work by lakeisha graham was sold was on Jul 19, 2018 at Christie’s London for $8,108 to private bidder.
The latest auction result for a work by lakeisha graham was $8,108 on Jul 19, 2018 at Christie’s London for a painting titled “Drowned Angel”. This is the most recent auction result for a work by lakeisha graham.
If you want to look at or buy artworks by lakeisha graham, you can find them through one of the galleries listing their works on our site.
If you want to look at or buy artworks by lakeisha graham, you can find them through one of the galleries listing their works on our site. Galleries are a great place to buy artworks and also a good place to look at them. Read here about sorenson forensics criminal paternity test.
The best way to find a gallery is by contacting them directly. This will allow you to ask any questions you might have about the artist or their works and also give them a chance to explain how they work with their artists.
Lakeisha Graham is a self-taught artist who has been creating art since the early 1990s. She has had success in various exhibitions and fairs, including Christie’s London, where her work was sold for $8,108 USD on July 19th 2018. Lakeisha is also known for her unique style of painting which includes both realistic and abstract elements; this gives it an appealing quality which makes it easy to take interest in her paintings no matter what genre they belong too!
Read here more about this website.